Thursday, October 22, 2009

Final Blog

I really enjoyed doing these assignments; it really put a challenge on me with working with this type of software.

For the Web 2.0 assignment I created my webpage using web node. I didn’t have reasoning behind choosing it. I chose it because it was suggested as a good and helpful site. I found that building your website online, through such software as this was a lot easier then building one using the FrontPage traditional software applications. It guided you through the steps and also had helpful little pop-up hints on what you should and needed to do. The only disadvantage regarding the web 2.0 application was that you were not able to choose different style fonts of your liking. You were only given the option of the Header style. Don’t get my wrong, I think that you are able to read the website a lot easier and guides the eye through the pages, however I wanted to give it a little more character then I gave the website. I really like the way that my web 2.0 application project came out. I am especially excited because now that this is a live website and anyone is able to view it. I am going to share this website with friends and family that attended the same wedding in Oregon; especially the bride and groom.

FrontPage for myself was a challenge, I spent several hours using this software. There were many applications that you needed to be familiar with and working with it only the little amount of time in class, I was not prepared for this project. I think that my FrontPage website does look good and has character, however I feel as though if I was able to spend more time on it that I could really get to look much better. There are so many tricks with using this program, and I found it challenging with the book given to help and guide me on what I wanted to do.
My initial storyboards look pretty similar to my actual websites, I have the same idea but as you start working in the software and seeing what text and images look like within the page you change your mind. The storyboards were a great tool to get your mind thinking on how you wanted your website to view and did make my progress go much faster, having my images and text already prepared before sitting down and creating both of my websites.

This class was very informational and met a lot of good people out of it. When I entered this class I thought that it would be interesting and didn’t actually think we would be building our own LIVE website, I was a little nervous when I heard that we had to create our own website on something about us, but I am very happy with my overall website, especially since now I can show all the people from different states my website and they then have access to my pictures if they wanted a copy for their keepsake. I currently in the DCP Accounting division and will be graduating in December, I don’t see myself in the future using a web design feature within my field, however at least I have the knowledge and am familiar with how to create a website and other features that I was unaware of with resizing pictures, how to view images, etc. I really enjoyed this class and it was the fastest 7 weeks for a DSP in my opinion.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and I want to wish everyone the best of luck in their adventures through Albright and their careers paths.

GO PHILLIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment