Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 3 Blog - Reflecting On the Readings

The inforamtion that is covered this week is a quite bit to take all in at once when reading, but when going through and working on the website and choosing which ones are good/bad it is very helpful information. One of the big starting points is the navigation design and style in which you choose, this is where you want to begin your creative thinking process. You do NOT want to have a hortizontal scroll bar for any reader of your website. Scrolling is quite ignoring when reading a website and then having a hortizontal one is even harder for the reader to even navigate where they are on the page when it is being moved around just to read the information within the web site. You dont often see this, but now when I do I know that it isnt me and they are in the wrong doing!

There is always more then "one way" to create and visualize something within a screen. You need to take the time to explore your options and what will look right for the reader and not yourself! When reading the assigned material and then looking at websites to reference the material too I noticed myself gotting notes down to reference from when I am creating my own work. You can learn alot from other designers. You can find websties that display works from the same field that you might be interested in, and then reinvent it into your own personal way.
However the "bad design" is much easier to pick out then the "good designs" but we all have our own personal opinions from what might be good and bad to our own eye/preference. To qualify as a good working website it shoudl be comparable to the quality of your work, your products, and/or your philosophy. Doing this incorrectly can alter the way people view your website. Their initial impression of your or your business, and many people need help in making that first imprtession a good.bold one.

By reading this material and searchign the web all day long at work I have really noticed myself looking at their webpages in much more detail then I would have normally before this class. I look at multiple manufacture distributors websites multiple times during the day and even do searchign within the internet to find a specific distributors website. I look to see if it is easy to navigate through when only going in and looking for the certain part numbers I am looking to purchase. I have noticed some really good guiding ones and then others that i am just roaming around the website "trying" to find what I am actually looking for. I even submitted a comment to one of the distributors because their website was NOT informative on what they offer/sell and once I was able to find what I was looking for they were out of stock so I was back to the beginning, after spending serval mintues.

I am really enjoying learning about websites and how to creat them, the HMTL Lab was very excitign to do and see that I am able to create something like what we had to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment